Phoenix (Events) East Ltd
EVENT SECURITY AND STEWARDING
Our focus on Customer Services allows our staff to use their skills in multiple ways such as event stewarding and customer service advisor roles.
Roles can include but are not limited to:
- Safety Stewards (NVQ Spectator Safety Level 2)
- Turnstile / Ticket Check / Ticket Sales Stewards
- Queue Management / Directional Stewards
- Hospitality, Executive and Cloakroom Stewards
- Event Litter Picking
- Toilet Attendants
TURNSTILE / TICKET CHECK/ TICKET SALES STAFF
TICKET SALES AND CASH HANDLING
These services are designed to ensure that the client is assured that the systems being used will give them peace of mind.
Our professional approach to this subject is that ‘monies collected by us on your behalf whether in a voucher format or cash is solely our responsibility’. Any discrepancies must be fully accounted for.
Additionally, we always keep in mind, where there is money there is temptation. Our vetting and staff deployment system lend themselves favourably to protect all concerned. Handling large customer accounts, often in excess of one million pounds, requires that we implement effective financial controls. This we have done to good effect, for example with an existing client we handled over one million pounds in a four day period, achieving full accountability.
This service includes:
- Selling of tickets, programs, catalogues, race cards
- Managing voucher schemes
- Daily audit with periodical attendance figures
- Gate audit teams
- Ticket and wrist band provision from bonded suppliers
- Provision of PDQ (credit/debit card) terminals (static and mobile)
- Temporary secure audit/administration offices
- Temporary sales booths (for exclusive use or to supplement existing stock)
- Comprehensive insurance cash-in-transit
- Cash in transit facilities plus floats
BOX OFFICE SERVICES
We work with our clients’ advance ticket and on-line ticket retailers. These can be combined with our other service provisions:
- Staff accreditation
- Ticket collection points
- VIP/guest list access
These roles should not be confused with security staff and the necessity to have SIA accredited personnel.
This personnel requirement has been in existence commercially since the late 1960s but significantly active since the early 1970s under their new title and role. Prior to this titles such as Gateman and Gate Keepers were used (e.g. Turnstile Control) and regrettably, abuse was widespread.
‘Their role is to physically check that all patrons entering the venue have a legitimate valid entry ticket’
These staff will check individual tickets that can be torn, scanned, or punched where required (NB pass-out system). This ensures the client has maximum revenues. Additionally, these staff are responsible for the pass-out system which is another area of control where revenue can be depleted.
This service includes:
- Vehicle and pedestrian entrance control
- Cash in transit overview
- Fully uniformed personnel; blazers or high-vis coats
- Provision of wristbands/tickets/pass-out stamps/counters
- Audit control