Phoenix Events (East) Ltd
Phoenix Events (East) Ltd take responsibility for ensuring the hotel is operating to its high standard and ensure preparations are in place for the forthcoming day. We always use night staff that have experience in working nights. We will never use staff that have been working the day.
The night porter will take responsibility for the smooth and efficient running and the security of the hotel during the night. To provide portering, security, and reception services, assisting guests and staff in any way possible. These are some of the key responsibilities we can cover.
- Check bar is ready for takeover, any stock needed before Duty Manager leaves, ice, lemon, etc
- Bar work,
- Wash glasses in the kitchen and return to Barford, Valley or Sports Bar, leaving areas tidy
- Clear areas of coffee cups etc, remove from trays and stack neatly on the wash-up area.
- Clean and tidy public areas where necessary and ensure that environment is kept clean and tidy at all times
- Clear all bottle skips to the cellar
- Preparation of breakfast trays and service to the rooms when required.
- Clear down and lay up brasserie for breakfast and conference rooms as detailed on function sheets to the Hotel standards as trained
- To assist with the correct service of the brasserie, sports bar, room service menu, and beverages.
- In winter, tend the fire, replenish logs, grit pathways
- Order newspapers and deliver where necessary
- Carry out timely and efficient morning call service as required
- Print notices and change notice boards are required
- Ensure attention to detail is maintained whilst opening up other departments and ensure all departmental checklists are completed
- Guest property lost/found the procedure to be followed
- Man, reception until receptionist takes over
- Deal with guests promptly on arrival and departure, as per the hotel Standards for check-in and check-out procedures
- To assist guests with luggage when required
- To ensure all documentation, i.e. checks/bills are completed as necessary and carried out per the Hotel Standards
- Taking of monies for the payment of services, cash and credit card
- To conduct security checks, inside and out during the night, the number to be agreed with the client.
- Ensure all corridors are clear, fire extinguishers and fire doors are secure, returning any trays outside bedrooms to the kitchen
- To be aware of hotel security and fire/emergency procedures at all times
- To be responsible for the general security of the company property, departmental keys, stock and comply with Health & Safety responsibilities
For further details about our Night Portering services please contact us!